Topic: Site Survey
Duration: 2 hours
Certificate of Completion Eligible: Yes
Description: This course covers the proper method of conducting a site survey to determine the best ASSA ABLOY products for the opening while meeting the customer’s needs. Discussion topics include codes & AHJ, walkthrough techniques, electronic locking system component selection – like power supply, locks, entry device and exit device selection - as well as system layout. Common errors, tips, and techniques will also be shared for real-world application. This class is eligible for 2 credit hours: attendees may receive a certificate of completion (as requested).
Learning Objectives: By completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss necessary information collected during the site survey process.
- Identify existing access control equipment, surroundings, and door frame materials.
- Recognize examples of electric locking system components, brackets, and accessories.
- Define requirements for exiting, switches, and power needs.
- Summarize steps to designing an electric locking system layout.
- Suggest possible access control hardware solutions to multiple use-case applications, occupancy uses, and surroundings.